Skip to main content

Geographer Cafe Malacca

I had a short trip to Malacca on the first weekend of November 2015. I had a chance to attend the 2015 ASEAN Social Enterprise Conference in Kuala Lumpur on Saturday and I went to Malacca afterward. It was my second time visiting Malacca and it was not even listed on the traveling plan in 2015. I just remember one fine day at office one of my very nice senior colleague (Ibu Canserina) from Singapore was calling me to ask somebody for creating a demo. I just had no plan after the conference and I was thinking that come to her apartment and spend the rest of my weekend would be a great plan. However, she asked to meet her and have a short trip to Malacca. I will write my whole Malacca story later :)

My point here is I want to tell you about a cafe in Malacca. I had never been there before until Ibu Rina asked me to go. Yes, it names Geographer Cafe. It is located at 83, Jalan Hang Jebat, 75200 Malacca, Malaysia. In my words, you just walk straight to famous Jonker Street and the cafe is just in the right corner. It is easier to be found if you walk on the right side of the river or from the well-known Malacca Church.

I just remember that I was walking in Jonker Street 2 years ago, yet I did not find the cafe. I just excused myself that I was walking alone at the night under my umbrella. I was not focused, at all.

Sunday morning I and Regina (a niece of Ibu Rina) were delaying to go. We were just laying on our hostel bed and waiting for a queuing to take a shower. Ibu Rina had left earlier and would be waiting for us there to have breakfast. It was just definitely a brunch, yet we had a very western breakfast style at that cafe. Though, after finishing those things and we were ready to go, our dorm-mate Kiva (a guy from Canada) asked me and Regina a lot of questions regarding his plan to visit Indonesia. Ibu Rina just texted us to go. We just could not leave Kiva with unanswered questions instead.

I and Regina were trying to go to the cafe with her direction and got wrong three times. I just smiled and asked her to show me the GPS. And I said, "come follow me, I am a geographer!" we walked and we just arrived. It was so closed actually.

We had a very short breakfast, I had my coffee (as usual), bread, and so on (as seen as western breakfast style). I think Geographer Cafe is very recommended if you want to stay longer, to have a lengthy conversation, or just to stay and read a book or novel. Yet, we did not have much time for staying because we wanted to explore other foods (food was our first purpose in entirely trip).

Overall, for you, no matter you are a geographer or not. If you have a chance to visit Malacca, do visit the Geographer cafe as well. You need to try its coffee and other variants. And the most reason for me to visit, because I am a geographer! :)

Ibu Rina and I were in front of Geographer Cafe

We were just having a silly conversation. Not we, but Regina and I loved to have a silly conversation :p

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Operasi Sapu Lidi

Salah satu contoh operasi hitung sapu lidi Sumber gambar :  dayufunmath.wordpress.com Usiaku saat itu masih enam tahun. Hari itu Kakekku resmi mendaftarkan aku sekolah. Ku lihat lagi selembar ijazah yang dikampit oleh Kakekku. Ku perhatikan baik-baik. Ada fotoku dua bulan lalu. Lucu. "Itu apa Kek?" aku menunjuknya. "Ini ijazah sekolah Neng yang dulu di Jakarta. Buat daftar sekolah disini" kemudian Kakekku menjelaskan. Tidak satu orangpun diantara barisan pendaftaran sekolah itu yang membawa lembaran bernama ijazah sepertiku. Nampaknya cuma aku seorang. Senin diminggu pertama sekolah. Aku sangat gembira. Seragamku kini putih merah terpisah. Rok rempel jahitan Nenekku dan kemeja putih bekas sekolah Taman Kanak-Kanakku dulu di Jakarta masih terpakai dan layak. Meski seragamku bekas, tetap terlihat paling bercahaya. Entah? Rasa-rasanya semua anak disini seragamnya tidak disetrika, apalagi mengkilat seperti seragamku. Sejak Ibuk

We were the IELSP Cohort 8 - Iowa State...

Okay, now let me show my IELSP Cohort 8 - Iowa State family.. I lived with them for 2 months during exchange program, obviously we never knew each other before IELSP. We came from the differences of provinces in Indonesia, from Sabang to Merauke, then we made friends, love, and togetherness.. I love u guys, thanks for filled in my heart for 2 months in Iowa.. Hoped can meet you again in the other occasion.. :D She is Sari Ayu Maghdalena, also known Alien. She was my roommate.  She was biology student at her university. Came from Medan, North Sumatera. Alien was like my daughter. She could not cook, I felt really pity of her when she was hungry. Haha. Then, I always cooked for us then we eating together. I loved to make dinner meals for us, for breakfast we were such 'anak kosan' it was expensive time to take breakfast. We slept over then woke up late. Haha, never 'mandi pagi' as well because of the weather was so COLD just "kucek-kucek' mata, make up, and wen

Japan! I promised u that I would be back!

Tokyo, 25 April 2011 Sekitar pukul 05.00 waktu setempat (Bandara Narita Tokyo) kami landing dari Minneapolis. Kebetulan saat itu rombongan IELSP Cohort 8 Iowa State University sudah tidak ditemani oleh pihak IIEF. Ali Ibrahim sebagai ketua rombongan dan saya sebagai wakil ketua rombongan. Sebagai orang yang sedikit mengerti dunia pesawatan saya mengambil peran lebih banyak saat kepulangan rombongan. Khususnya hari itu.. Delta Airlines (Pesawat kami) terkena petir Setelah mengantri di Security Check Bandara Narita saya segera mengalihkan teman2 untuk menuju Gate kami. Saat itu masih tidak banyak orang, kami berlari 'hurry' karena waktu transit tidak lama dan FYI : security check bandara narita 'agak' remphong, ribet, dan antrinya panjang, maklum Narita adalah salah satu bandara sibuk di Dunia. Setelah menunggu tiba2 ada pengumuman kalau pesawat kami akan delayed selama 30menit. Its okay , itu biasa. Kita tidak pernah tahu apah yang terjadi diudara. Tiba2, delayed